What would I do without plastics? It wraps our leftovers, it holds our milk, it keeps my socks on and it makes my glasses look good. Stopping our use of plastics is near impossible – I would have to stop driving my van and wear glasses with inch thick lenses (not good!) – but we can try to reducing it. I’ve set for myself a few tangible goals for the month of April:
- Make or buy cloth produce bags
- Purchase a glass juice jug
- Buy condiments in glass jars
- Buy laundry detergent in a box
- Ask to have deli meat wrapped in paper
- Attempt to make my own yogurt
Wish me luck!