I like writing lists and keeping records, but my notebooks, binders and papers are everywhere (read: disorganization). Disorganization is not my friend; it can put a serious damper on my day. So, I decided that it was time get organized and make a home management binder!
Making a Home Management Binder
Step 1: Grab a binder, something sturdy and well built. I got one that zips closed so that loose sheets don’t come flying out every time I pick it up. Decorate it if you want.
Step 2: Get some study dividers. I went with thick plastic dividers so that they’ll hold up against a lot of use.
Step 3: Brainstorm. Start thinking about what you want to put into the binder.
There a some great resources out there:
Also, get some Blogspirations:
Laura Williams’ Musings Home Management Binder
My Domestic Church Managing the Home…
Live Lovely Home Management Binder
The Lister Family My Home Management Binder
Pieces of Me My Home Management Binder
Feelin Feminine A chest of Hopes: Home-Management Binder
Step 4: Section off your binder with your dividers.
- Rhythm [weekly, monthly and yearly, liturgical calendar]
- Home [cleaning, checklists, to-do]
- Finance [budget, savings, coupons, frugality]
- Community [emergency, contacts, events]
- Food Preservation [canning, freezing and dehydrating records]
- Wine Making [records and outcomes]
- Gardening [records, plans and ideas]
- Abbot’s Rabbits [pedigree and breeding records]
Step 5: Gather forms, calendars, checklist, paper, notebooks or any other material to fill in each section.
Perhaps you need a simple wine making log or a rabbit pedigree print out? Or not.