Fall is the perfect time of year to go on an outdoor family adventure. The trails are quieter, the air is cooler and the trees are covered in beautiful autumn colours. Here’s a bucket list of twenty fun fall adventures to do with your family this autumn.
20 Autumn Outdoor Adventures for Families
- Take a family hike on your favourite trail.
- Swing through the autumn trees on a high-ropes course.
- Make a HUGE pile of leaves and jump in it.
- Pick a bunch of apples from a local orchard.
- Discover a forest of golden larches.
- Get lost in a towering corn maze.
- Enjoy a family bike ride on a scenic trail.
- Climb a tree, rock or hill and enjoy the fall colours from above.
- Snuggle up and go stargazing on a clear night.
- Go on a fall camping or glamping adventure.
- Visit a pumpkin patch and pick a gourd to bring home.
- Take an autumn stroll through an arboreum or ornamental garden.
- Go on a bumpity hay ride.
- Collect flower seeds from outside to sow next spring.
- Go for a leisurely paddle on your favourite lake.
- Take part in a local harvest festival.
- Host or go to an evening family bonfire.
- Plant some fall bulbs in a garden or pot.
- Take part in a family autumn fun-run.
- Watch the clouds float by and geese fly south for the winter.
[bctt tweet=”Fall is the perfect time of year to go on an outdoor family adventure. #OutdoorFamilies” username=”Backwoods_Mama”]